Metadata is data about data, and describes the characteristics of your data sources, or synonyms. Metadata can be generated whenever data is created, acquired, added to, deleted from, or updated.
You can edit previously created synonyms in the following ways:
From the WebFOCUS Home Page, click the Data category on the Action Bar, and then click Metadata .
- From the Legacy Home Page, in the Resources tree, right-click a folder or domain, point to Metadata and then click Edit.
The Applications page opens, from which you can edit your synonym, or choose from other options.
Procedure: How to Edit a Synonym
- From the Applications page, in the Application Directories tree, click a folder to expand it, then right-click a metadata file in the file panel and select Open, as shown in the following image.
Note: To edit as text, select Metadata Management, and then select Edit as Text or Edit Access File as Text.
The Synonym Editor opens, where you can modify your synonym, as shown in the following image.
Note: You can open the Synonym Editor directly from the WebFOCUS Home Page by clicking the repository Master File shortcut that was created, if you previously uploaded or connected to data. You can also right-click the shortcut and select Edit from the shortcut menu, as shown in the following image.
- Make edits to the synonym, as required.
- To save your synonym, click the File icon highlighted on the ribbon, and then select Save.
- To close the Synonym Editor, click the File icon highlighted on the ribbon, and then select Close.