How to Test for Tech Preview Localization Features Before Running the 8207.28 Upgrade in Place Operation
If your organization installed a Tech Preview of the ApplicationProperties, DescriptionProperties, or TagProperties feature before upgrading to WebFOCUS Release 8.2.07.28.00, you must remove these features, the Tech Preview flags, and any data associated with them before you can run the upgrade to 8207.28.00.
To determine if these features are present, follow these steps:
- Review the Tech Preview setting, located on the Other page of the Administration Console Configuration tab, to determine if it contains the ApplicationProperties, DescriptionProperties, or TagProperties values.
- If none of these values are present, the features themselves are not present in your product configuration and you can proceed with the upgrade to 8207.28.00.
- If one or more of these values are present, you must then determine if the feature they represent was utilized.
- To determine if a tech preview localization feature was utilized, run the following SQL query against your repository database:
select * from WF_OBJPROPS where PROPERTY like '%PropertyPaths'
- If the query returns no results, the feature was not utilized, and you can proceed with the 8207.28.00 upgrade.
- However, if the query returns a results statement, as shown in the following example, the feature was utilized and you must work with the Customer Support team to remove the feature and any data associated with it before you can run the upgrade to 8207.28.00.
PROPVALUE (VARCHAR) OBJ_HANDLE (VARCHAR) PROPERTY (VARCHAR) /WFC/Repository/DomainName/Hidden_Content/strings.prop 80f40471_f31c_4f06_b8e4_d36933efe4ee ApplicationPropertyPaths
Is the name of the domain that contains the feature.
Note: This issue was resolved in Release 8207.28.01. You may wish to upgrade directly to 8207.28.01 to avoid encountering this issue.