Working With Slider Controls on a Page
A slider control is a horizontal track with a marker or markers that you can slide between a minimum and maximum value. This versatile control is often used to choose a numeric value within a fixed range. An example of a slider control is shown in following image.
Procedure: How to Create a New Slider Control Using WebFOCUS Designer
- Open WebFOCUS Designer. On the WebFOCUS start page, click the plus menu and then click Create Visualizations, or, on the WebFOCUS Home Page, click Visualize Data.
WebFOCUS Designer opens in a new browser tab.
- Select a workspace and a data source available from that workspace.
Once you select a data source, WebFOCUS Designer loads with options to create a single content item.
- Add a dimension field and, optionally, a measure field to your chart.
If there are no dimension values in the chart by which to aggregate the numeric values on the slider, a tooltip indicates that slider selections are not relevant.
- Drag a measure field into the Filter toolbar.
A slider control appears, allowing you to select default values for the filter parameter, as shown in the following image.
- Set the default range of values for the filter.
- Optionally, right-click the control on the Filter toolbar and click Greater than, Greater than or equal, Less than, or Less than or equal to select only the minimum or maximum value for the filter.
When a parameter using one of these options is added to a page in WebFOCUS Designer, the control is a slider with a fixed start or end point.
Procedure: How to Create a Slider Control From Content Created in InfoAssist
- On the WebFOCUS start page or WebFOCUS Home Page, on the Workspaces area, in the InfoAssist section of the Action Bar, click Report or Chart.
The Open dialog box opens.
- Select a data source in the Open dialog box and click Open.
- Create a report or chart.
To learn more about creating content in InfoAssist, see the WebFOCUS InfoAssist User's Manual.
- On the Data tab, click Filter.
The Create a filleting condition dialog box opens.
- Create two optional simple parameters representing minimum and maximum values and make them optional.
In this example we create the minimum and maximum parameters for the MPG field in the car report. An example of the completed filtering condition is shown in the following image.
- Save your changes and exit InfoAssist.
- On the start page or Home Page, right-click your new content item, and then click Edit with text editor.
The Text Editor window opens.
- Edit the syntax by providing the data range values.
An example of the modified syntax is shown in the following image.
- Save your changes and exit the Text Editor.
- Create a new visualization using existing content. On the plus menu, in the Designer area, click Assemble Visualizations.
WebFOCUS Designer opens in a new tab.
- Select a template for your visualization.
- In WebFOCUS Designer, in the Resources panel with the Content tab selected on the sidebar, drag your new content item to the canvas.
A badge appears on the Filters tab on the sidebar, indicating that filters are available to add to the page.
- Open the Filters tab of the sidebar and then click Add all filters to page.
The slider controls display in the filter grid, as shown in the following image.
- Optionally, combine two controls together. Multi-select both controls, right-click one of them, and then click Combine.
Your controls are combined. You can double-click the label to edit it to reflect your new combined control. An example of the combined slider control is shown in the following image.
- Save your changes.