WebFOCUS 8207.02 Release Notes
|Release Date||Gen Information||Reporting Server|
|Friday, January 10, 2020||wf010720a Gen 7||8207.02 Gen 1907|
Navigating WebFOCUS Designer With Keyboard Controls
You can use keyboard controls to navigate through the WebFOCUS Designer interface, allowing you to perform certain content creation tasks without a mouse. You can press the Tab key to navigate between adjacent sections of the user interface, or press Shift+Ctrl+F10 to open a menu listing sections of the user interface, allowing you to quickly jump from one section to another. Once the option that you want to use is in focus, press the Enter key or Spacebar to
select it, or press the Menu key or Shift+F10 to open a context menu. When you select a container on the canvas, you can use the arrow keys to move it and use the Shift key and an arrow key to resize it.
Changing the Theme of Content in an Assembled Page
When you add external content to a page in WebFOCUS Designer, you can change the theme to any of the themes or stand-alone StyleSheets available in your environment, allowing you to quickly customize an item's appearance without editing the original file.
Once an item is added to a container on the page, select the content item and open the Format tab on the properties panel. The theme is set to Inherit page theme, by default, so that it is consistent with the rest of your page, but you can also choose to use the theme originally selected for the content item, select a custom theme that has been configured in your global resources, or click Custom to select a legacy StyleSheet or a StyleSheet saved to a workspace in your repository.
Applying Filter Selections to Link Tile Background and Target Content
A link tile is a page container type that allows you to click through from a content item or image to additional, outside content, such as a chart, report, page, or URL. Link tile content now both accepts and passes parameters, so filter selections on the page are applied to the link tile background content and can optionally be passed to a target chart, report, or page by selecting the Attach all parameters option. This synchronizes the filtering of the link tile background content with the other items on the page, and allows the user to maintain their filter selections when they navigate to link tile target content.
Passing Parameter Values to a Page
When a page includes content with dynamic parameter filters, you can pass parameter values to it from external content to set the filter values when the page initially loads. These parameter values are specified by adding parameter names and values to the run-time URL for the page. Parameter values can be passed to a page using a drill-down from a chart or report, or from a link tile in another page with dynamic parameter filters. This allows users to navigate between content items and pages, while maintaining their dynamic filter selections, making content exploration more integrated and user-friendly.
Faster Column Scrolling When Previewing Uploaded Data Files
When using Get Data to preview an uploaded data file that is hundreds of columns wide, you can now scroll to the right more quickly to see additional columns.
New Privilege Allows Users to Create WebFOCUS Designer Content from Business Views
The new Add Designer Content from Business View (opDesignerBV) privilege allows the use of enhanced Business Views as a source for content created in WebFOCUS Designer. This new privilege helps administrators replace the use of direct access to metadata sources stored in Metadata Files with controlled access to metadata through Business Views and Reporting Objects when creating content in WebFOCUS Designer.
The Cc and Bcc ReportCaster Email Distribution Options Can Now Support Distribution Lists
You can now use the Cc (Carbon Copy) and Bcc (Blind Carbon Copy) email options in the Basic Scheduling tool and the Advanced Scheduling tool for schedules that are configured to use distribution lists, distribution files, and dynamic distribution lists, as shown in the following image.
These options allow you to send copies of an email distribution to separate recipients, simplifying the creation of scheduled email distributions. If you use the Bcc option to send email distributions to individual recipients, each recipient will not see the other recipients of the email distribution.
Editing Joins in Full Screen
When you edit a join from the Designer Data tab or a Data Flow, the Join Configuration tool now opens in an almost full screen window, as shown in the following image.
This provides more room to see the join fields, profile chart, and values report.
View Source Opens in Full Screen
When you select View Source from the Data tab in Designer or when editing a Data Flow, the viewer now opens in a nearly full screen pop-up instead of a window at the bottom of the screen, as shown in the following image.
This makes the source easier to read.
Changing Target Settings When Uploading Files
When using Get Data to upload a file, with appropriate permission, you can override the default Adapter and Connection settings by selecting an alternative configured adapter from your current profile.
When using Get Data to upload a file and create a synonym, with appropriate permission, you can override the default Application setting where the synonym is created by selecting an application folder from your current application path.
Function Assist For Mathematical Operators
Creating a New Expression to perform a mathematical operation (add, subtract, multiply, or raise to a power) on two numbers previously required a creating an Advanced Expression. Now you can select Apply Function. There is a new Mathematical Operator folder from which you can select these operators and use Function Assist to supply values, as shown in the following image.
Adapters for Impala and Crossdata: SET DEFAULTSCHEMA
The adapters for Impala and Crossdata have a new SET DEFAULTSCHEMA setting that can be issued in the server profile. The setting allows specifying the schema, but delays doing so until a connection has been established, in order to improve connection stability and eliminate initialization errors at startup.
- An agent crash could occur on a server configured for Unicode due to memory corruption in the SQL adapter code when a UTF field is longer than 10,922 characters. (1909290001)
- A request that contains a fully qualified DEFINE field results in an error. (190723037)
- Added enhance flowing of compound reports across pages to ensure the correct pages are generated and page number information is available in more complex reports. (11113001, 82552524)
- Running an HTML report that contains OVER, ACROSS, and SET BYDISPLAY=ACROSS commands results in incorrect output. (190918031)
- Conditional styling used with multi-drill (drillmenuitem) is not applied correctly in AHTML report output. (190903114, 191209162)
- The Metadata Synonym editor collapses when a component is added. (191105060)
- In Data Profiling statistics, numeric columns are sorted numerically instead of alphabetically. (191122007)
- The SQL TRUNCATE TABLE command is issued when using DataMigrator to load data to PostgreSQL and selecting the Truncate table option of Prior to Load option. (22803540)
- MySQL has been certified with the latest version of the JDBC Driver (Connector/J). (191111022)
- Running reports with the Salesforce.com adapter results in a memory leak and a server crash. (190729056)
This version of WebFOCUS is for new application and development only.
- The canvas of WebFOCUS Designer for this release is an interactive canvas based on AHTML. When creating a report, page and row break settings are not supported on this canvas for this release. If you select any other output format, such as HTML, PDF, PPTX, or XLSX, you will see these breaks at runtime. These output format options are available for stand-alone content items only. This will be resolved with the introduction of the non-interactive document canvas in a future release.
- When an Insight-enabled chart created in the 8207.00 version of WebFOCUS Designer is added to a visualization as external content, the Insight icon does not appear on the chart when the page is run, so Insight features cannot be accessed. Resave the chart in WebFOCUS Designer 8207.01 or later to make Insight available when the chart is added to a visualization.
- When working with the Cell menu in an interactive report, the filtering functionality does not work as expected.
- When saving an artifact (from or of and interactive report, chart or dashboard), the output file name is ARsave.html rather than ARhtml.html.
- If you create a report or chart in ARVERSION=2 (In-Document Analytics) and you set the output format to PDF Analytic Document, an error occurs when you run it. If you change the option in Procedure Settings to Legacy, the report or chart is produced correctly.
- If you are working with an In-Document Analytics chart in landscape mode on an Android mobile device and you switch to portrait mode, your content displays in fullscreen mode. Your chart displays at the bottom. If you run your content in new window mode, your In- Document Analytics chart does not display in fullscreen mode, displaying the chart on the right.
- HIDENULLACRS, which hides across columns that have null or zero values in the entire column, is not supported with interactive content using the new Designer style of In- Document Analytics capabilities.
- If you add an existing ARVERSION=1 report to an AHTML document set to ARVERSION=2, it fails at run time, displaying JSON text on the screen instead of the expected report output.
- If you are working with a procedure (.fex) and you change the ARVERSION to ARVERSION=2, global filters do not display when you run the procedure.
- Fully-developed content sharing capabilities are not available in release 8207.
- In a scatter plot chart or bubble chart, multiple measure fields on the horizontal and vertical axes generate separate axes, resulting in a grid of scatter plots for each combination of measure fields. In WebFOCUS Designer, if you create a scatter plot chart or bubble chart with multiple measures in the Vertical or Horizontal buckets, only the axis for the first measure in each bucket displays on the canvas. When you run the chart, all measure fields in the Vertical and Horizontal buckets are shown as separate axes, as intended.
- Both the db_collation.sh file and the db_collation.bat file generate the "Main WARN Error while converting string  to type," error message in the Command Prompt window at the end of their run. This message has no impact on the functionality of this post-installation utility, and it completes the run successfully.
- The load_repos.sh file generates the "WARNING: sun.reflect.Reflection.getCaller Class is not supported. This will impact performance," error message in the Command Prompt window at the end of its run. In addition, the db_inplace_update.sh, WFReposUtilCMDLine.sh, and update_repos.sh files generate the "Main WARN Error while converting string [ ] to type," error message in the Command Prompt window at the end of their run. These messages have no impact on the functionality of these post installation utilities, and each one completes its run successfully.
This release is now certified and has been tested with Google Chrome version 79, Firefox Quantum version 71, and Microsoft Edge version 44. For additional browser details, see Browser Information.